- 500g of rhubarb
- 100g of sugar
- Roughly chop rhubarb into even pieces, approximately 2cm in length.
- Place in a saucepan over a medium heat with the sugar and 50ml of water then cover with a lid.
- Cook for 15–20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the rhubarb has completely broken down.
- 275g whole rolled oats
- 100g soft dried apricots, chopped
- 75g soft dried figs, chopped
- 60g soft pitted dates, chopped
- 50g dried apple slices, chopped
- 40g desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 5 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to gas 2, 150°C, fan 130°C. Line a large baking tray (or 2 medium trays) with baking paper.
- Add all the ingredients except the egg whites to a large bowl and mix together to evenly distribute the fruits, coconut and spices.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until they create soft peaks, then mix into the oat mixture until everything is well coated and starting to stick together.
- Spread the mixture out evenly on the baking tray (or trays), leaving some larger clumps and some smaller. Bake for 40 mins, stirring after 30 mins until golden brown and holding together in clusters.
- Cool completely on the tray, then transfer to an airtight container until ready to serve.
- 350ml of Pur Natur full-fat milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 25g of sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- Add the milk and vanilla pod to a pan set over a low-medium heat and heat until just beginning to simmer. Then, remove from the heat and leave to infuse – the longer it is left the more pronounced the vanilla flavour will be.Using a wooden spoon, beat the egg yolks and sugar in a separate bowl.
- Using a wooden spoon prevents any air being incorporated, which will help to create a dense custard.
- Gradually pour in the slightly warm milk until you are left with a smooth liquid.
- Pour the liquid into a clean pan and reheat over a low heat, whisking continuously. It is important to heat gently as a high temperature will result in the eggs scrambling. Continue to heat until the liquid thickens and coats the back of the wooden spoon.
- Pass the liquid through a sieve into a clean bowl. If not using straight away cover with clingfilm to prevent a skin forming.
- Pur Natur full-fat yoghurt 750g
For the assembly add the rhubarb compote in the bottom of the dish following with some crunch oats. Mix half yoghurt and half custard and add to the dish. On top you can add any fruit coulis if you like it.